Sunday, October 09, 2011

Little Pumpkin: Work in Progress

Last week I posted a screenshot of my 2,000th tweet as a dedication for my little pumpkin. You guys might wanna see the work in progress from sketching to coloring, eh? How can I jabber on for so long and not really show anything? So, ther ya go! *You can click on the image to see it larger (its original size). Click here to see the result!

I start it with the sketch...very rough ;)

And then I continue it with the base color and add some lighting.

Blend and add more details to the artwork.

Erase unnecessary lines and colors.

Violaaaa!!!

The software I use for making the drawing is PaintTool SAI. It's quite a good painting software in terms of size and usability. It also has dozens of features and is compatible with graphics tablets so that I can draw by hand too. It has various effects including blurr effects that I can use wherever I feel the colors need to blend a bit more. The most important part is that I can create truly high quality drawings with this program! It’s completely user friendly too with an interface that you can customize! It also has various tools for paintbrushes and the best part is that you can take an existing paintbrush tools and modify its properties (Density, Blending, Dilution, etc.).

I also use Adobe Photoshop to create my artworks. But sometimes when I load many programs at the same time on my old laptop, it becomes painfully slow and the pen pressure will not presice any longer. So, I highly recommend this program for creating magnificent and breath-taking drawings or paintings. One of my favorite software. If you wanna try it out, you can click here to visit the official website and download the software for a 31-day free trial. If you wish to continue using the software, then you have to buy it. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Weekly Popular Posts